I am very proud to have been endorsed as Labor’s candidate for Goulburn in the NSW 2019 Election.
In 2014, after twelve years in the Australian Senate, I was asked to nominate for the seat of Goulburn.
I did, and with a strong campaign team, we managed to achieve a 20.2% swing against the sitting member at the 2015 election.
In 2019, we will need to change the hearts and minds of 4000 people, to make Goulburn a Labor seat for the first time in 65 years.
That’s too long! People and communities are being taken for granted.
- I volunteer in numerous local organisations, and am the founding Chairperson of Community Plus Inc. a local community development organisation and charity.
- I served on the Board of the Goulburn Regional Conservatorium for five years.
- I’m helping to set up the Southern Tablelands Community Foundation.
- I’m the Secretary the Parish Finance Committee of our local Catholic parish.
- I’m the Independent Chair of the Fundraising Institute of Australia’s Code Authority which monitors the fundraising behaviour and standards of the Institute’s members
- As a Board Member of the Australian Centre for Philanthropy and Non Profit Studies in the School of Business at QUT, my contribution is my strong governance experience and understanding of the nonprofit sector
I work hard for the people and communities that I care about, and will work hard for you too!